JU Band Performs at UNF Concert

Bryan Jones

Photo by Grace Singer

Not far from the Jacksonville University campus, the University of North Florida’s student union was filled with the pop punk sounds of two local bands. The concert was part of UNF’s Wild Week, which resembles a homecoming week for the spring semester.

On Feb. 28, Inside the Target Car (ITTC), composed of mostly JU students, and Coming This Fall, a band made up of UNF students, played the Monday night show. The concert was held in the UNF student union Ballroom B. Free food from Zaxby’s was provided.

“Overall the show was great,” said John Shannon, lead singer for ITTC. “Except for I showed up late and didn’t get any Zaxby’s.”

The place was packed for the free food, and the crowd trickled toward the back of the room once the food ran out as the night went on, until ITTC took the stage. Then the crowd surged forward and came alive once again.

The crowd went wild when ITTC took to the stage with their instruments. Although three out of the five members attend JU, they certainly appeared to be the more popular of the two bands that played.

As the night wound down and ITTC closed their set, the audience cheered for an encore.

“That’s ridiculous,” Shannon said. “We don’t know anymore songs. Really, we don’t.”

However, the evening closed on a high note as they played their final song, “Thank You Armen and Leuth.”