Generation W elevates womens’ voices

Hannah Pippin, Contributing Writer

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.— With more women becoming business and community leaders, there is a need to bring them together for an insightful day that will challenge thinking, inspire spirits, and connect worlds.

Generation W presents its signature event at the University of North Florida on Friday, April 5, 2019. The conference starts at 7:00 a.m. and goes until 5:00 p.m. It includes breakfast and lunch.

The goal of Generation W is to provide a platform to elevate the voice of women and help promote the change they want to see in the world.

This event will bring groups of women from all over Jacksonville to inspire, connect and educate as leaders, experts and storytellers gather for a memorable day delivering long-lasting benefits.

Individuals that have previously attended the conference commented that it had a lasting impact on their lives for years after.

Shay Robins, a sophomore English major at Florida State College of Jacksonville, reminisces on her time spent at the conference.

“I attended the conference while I was in high school,” says Robins. “Now, years later, I still remember listening to the women talking and having the chance to talk to women renowned in their field, and it gives me the confidence to work harder.”

Generation W will feature a wide range of topics that will leave attendees educated, inspired, and connected to the endless possibilities of the future and each other.

The conference allows women and girls from a variety of backgrounds to come together in order to inspire and connect.

Christina Mays, a regular conference attendee, agrees.

“There are so many great things about the conference,” says Mays. “My favorite part though is the number of people from so many different backgrounds being brought together to teach and learn from each other.”

The conference consists of talks, conferences, and workshops, as well as the chance to network with a number of successful businesswomen.

Kaley Kent, a regular conference attendee, shares the benefits of the conference experience.

“This conference is a great way to meet and talk with people whom you might not have had the chance to ever meet.” Says Kent “It’s an experience that you won’t want to miss out on.”