Senior thesis underway

Senior visual arts students work towards final exhibit

Hannah Pippin, Contributor Writer

JACKSONVILLE, Fla – As the saying goes, “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.”

The senior visual art majors will see the success of their time studying at Jacksonville University in their final exhibition.

On  March 21 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. the Division of Visual Arts will present the annual senior thesis projects. Visual art majors have been working on these projects for the past year with the help from their faculty committees.

Fine arts professor Ginger Sheridan says she hopes JU students will visit the exhibition to see the hard work of the senior art majors.

“I think it’s always good if you go to university to know what other people are doing in different areas,” Sheridan said.

The seniors started with a project idea then did research to become more knowledgeable about the subject. Then they wrote papers on the process of making the project and why they chose the subject.

“I think it’s cool because a lot of people might not know,” said Savannah Dobbs, a senior photography major. “So it’d be kind of cool for them to come and see what JU offers and what students that are in that field have learned throughout the years.”

The exhibit will include a variety of media, including 2-dimensional artworks, design displays with commercial applications, 3-dimensional sculptural representations and installations, animated shorts, and film productions.

“I mean there is a lot of different work and there’s a lot of different viewpoints,” said Emma Napper, senior photography major. “You should support your fellow students.”