Filed under Archive, Golf, Sports

Men’s Golf Makes it Three in a Row

The Jacksonville University’s men’s golf team won their third consecutive tournament when they won the Donald Ross Intercollegiate tournament hosted by Appalachian State University.

The Dolphins’ performance at Mimosa Hills Golf Club continued their dominance this season and proved that this team is one of the best in the country.

Using strong second and third round performances from senior Franck Medale and junior David Wicks to overcome a slow start from the first day of competition, Both Medale and Wicks finished the tournament with a total score of 207 and finished tied for the individual title out of all of the competitors. Wicks also led all competitors with 13 birdies throughout the contest.

Freshman Sam Uhland continued his impressive inaugural season with a three round score of 214, which was good enough for him to place 15 individually. Junior Ryan Jahn finished with a three round score of 221, finishing 44 individually and senior Prem Samritpricha carded a final score 232 which was good enough for 65 overall.

“My boys had a great team effort,” said Mike Blackburn, head coach. “We were down at the turn today and each member of the team was able to grit it out and win this thing.”

The men’s golf team will look to continue their dominance at the Quail Valley Invitational at the Quail Valley Golf Club in Vero Beach, Fla.