Filed under Archive, Softball, Sports

Dolphins Unable to Find an Answer

Early second half goal give Owls the win

The women’s soccer team put forth its best performance this season in a loss to Florida Atlantic University with a final score of 0-1.

The first half did not play out in the manner in which the Dolphins had hoped. The offense struggled but the defense put up a great fight, which kept the Dolphins in the contest.

Although they had a rough start, the second half was a new beginning for the team, however they were in a constant battle to gain ground after the Dolphins allowed the game’s only goal in the forty-ninth minute. The team came out strong turning the game into an offensive game for them, reversing the roles from the first half. They had many shots on goal, having multiple shots reflecting off the goal post, barely missing the net.

The team overall was happy with their improvements. Senior defensive player Chawnee Gulik mentioned that they are still figuring out and working with their formation.

“We did a lot better this game and had a lot of great intensity,” Gulik said.

There was a decent turnout for the game in the student section. Many of these fans were part of the men’s soccer team who came out to support the women’s team.

“We’ll come out here and watch them warm up before their game,” said Benji Cook, Jacksonville University men’s soccer player.

The teams try to support one another as much as possible, which they hope will prove to be effective later in the season.

The Dolphins return to action at home once again on Sept. 20 against the Furman Paladins.