Athletics Partners with ESPN3

Broadcasts of JU Sports Now Accessible to a Wider Audience

As the spring semester got under way, so did they athletics office as they welcomed in a new age of JU athletics and a new partnership with the Atlantic Sun Conference’s ESPN3 on-campus initiative.

ESPN3 is ESPN’s live multi-screen sports network that delivers thousands of exclusive sports events annually. The partnership will allow JU students to view their school’s games and will allow our student-athletes’ parents to watch their children on an ESPN network.

“This is a complete game changer for us,” said JU Athletics Director Donnie Horner, Ph.D. “This is made more important because most of our 514 student-athletes are from outside of the state of Florida.”

JU Athletics showed their strong commitment to this on-campus initiative with ESPN3, when they became the first Atlantic Sun institution with to feature its very own ESPN3 mobile broadcast unit.

The Coggin Nissan Mobile Production Unit was custom fitted by with the latest in broadcast technology by Mobile Studios Video Production Systems in Deerfield Beach, Fla. The body of the van was wrapped by Callahan Graphics and features former JU All-Americans.

The equipment inside of the van includes a Ross E-3 core Carbonite/X-Pression Combo Control Panel which allows the directors to monitor several different video feeds, a Newtek 425 Replay System and a 32 input Behringer Digital Mixing Board that controls the complete audio system.

The state of the art equipment gives JU the ability to broadcast intercollegiate athletic competition for any of its 19 NCAA Division 1 sports programs from any location.

“This opens a whole new world for us,” said Cory Gaynor, director of mulitmedia services. “Dolphin fans can follow the team virtually anywhere and at any time we are playing and we certainly couldn’t say that in the past.”

ESPN3 is accessible online at WatchESPN.com or on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app and can be streamed on televisions through Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.