Christina Kelso ’15, Editor-in-Chief

A Letter to Students

To those of you who are new to this institution, welcome to Jacksonville University.

My name is Christina Kelso and I am honored to introduce myself as the new editor-in-chief of our student newspaper, The Navigator.

I began working for the Navigator on my first day as a JU freshman. In the three years since, I have developed a strong passion for this newspaper, both for what it is and what it has the potential to become.

The Navigator is truly remarkable because it amplifies the student voice in a way that connects all levels of the university. The sheet of ink and newsprint that a potential student picks up on a campus tour is the same as the one read by the executive movers and shakers of this university. The day-to-day routines of JU’s students, staff, alumni, faculty and trustees are drastically different, but when they thumb through a print edition or scroll through the web stories of The Navigator, it has the ability to create a shared experience.

As the paper moves forward in its 71st volume, beginning with this second annual Week of Welcome edition, that experience will become more dynamic. The Navigator is in the midst of an evolution. Expect to see more compelling visuals, bold layouts, stronger content, and a rapidly growing web and social media presence.

I invite and encourage you to join us as we strive to capture life in motion on the JU campus.

Christina Kelso

Navigator Editor-in-Chief

Class of ‘15