MBA Program Honored With Prestigious Accreditation

After being named one of “America’s Best Colleges” for the ninth straight year according to U.S News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2013 list for regional universities in the South, Jacksonville University has another honor that has been recognized by the public and the International Graduate Forum. Jacksonville University’s MBA program is in the top 100 of accredited programs in North America.

According to an article by Phillip Milano, the prestigious rankings were published in the November issue of IGF’s CEO magazine and evaluated the programs based on faculty quality, number of faculty with Ph. D’s, student-to-faculty ratio, diversity, pricing, accreditation, class size and more.

“Only about 5 percent of business schools worldwide maintain AACSB accreditation,” said dean of the Davis College of Business, Dr. Don Capener, in the article. “This 2012 study found JU to be toward the top of that elite group.”

In the IGF CEO magazine spread on Jacksonville University’s MBA program, Alexandra Skinner talks with Dr. Don Capener, dean of the Davis College of Business and other professionals about what Jacksonville University has to offer students enrolled in the programs as well as students who have  already experienced the opportunities of the MBA program.

“I have a sincere appreciation for Jacksonville University and the preparation for the business world I received there,” said C. Mitchell Fields in the magazine, global VP of Apparel Sales, Columbia Sportswear. “I have used my education as a foundation for a challenging and fulfilling career in sales management and business.”

Dr. Carole Dole, associate professor of economics, told the magazine the thrill of educating the students involved in the programs.

“Helping students to see all the applications of economics in their daily lives makes teaching rewarding,” Dole said. “It’s great to see the ‘I get it now’ moment when we add real world examples to class discussions.”

Al Rossiter, president, Springboard Capital Management, LLC, spoke in the magazine of the partnerships that MBA programs can offer as well.

“Over the past six years, the collaborative partnership between Springboard Capital and the Davis College of Business at Jacksonville University has proven to be a true win-win experience,” Rossiter said. “The involvement of Davis College students in Springboard’s evaluation of business ventures provides them with a uniquely comprehensive view of a commercial business enterprise. The students of the Davis College bring a valuable different perspective to our deliberations when considering an investment opportunity.”

The magazine article can be found on the Davis College of Business website along with more information regarding the various MBA programs Jacksonville University has to offer.